Answered By: Glenda Kelsey Last Updated: Sep 12, 2014 Views: 1474
According to the U.S. Department of Education website,
Your student loan servicer (who you make payments to) will provide a copy of your 1098-E if the interest you paid in 2013 exceeded $600.
- Your servicer may send you your 1098-E via U.S. Postal Service or electronically.
- Check with your servicer if you haven't yet received your 1098-E for 2013.
- If you are unsure who your loan servicer is, visit www.nslds.ed.gov or call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243; TTY 1-800-730-8913).
- Note: If you had multiple loan servicers in 2013, you will receive a separate 1098-E from each servicer.
There are more instructions regarding the 1098-e form at the IRS website: Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement
Info regarding UNF tax notifications is explained in this PowerPoint presentation from the Cashier's Office: Understanding the 1098T.
To view UNF tax notifications:
- Go to myWings/student tab/student self service/Student Account
- Then click Account Summary by Term
- This provides detailed information for each term, indicating the amount of your tuition and fees and how your tuition and fees were paid